Good Morning!! I am back from a fantastic trip to the Caribbean! But I will write about that tomorrow because today is the 2nd Monday of the month which means it is FANTASTIC Bake-Along time!! Yea:)!! Why don’t you join us?
This month I thought it would be fun to try something savory instead of something sweet. So…. for this month’s Bake Along what do you think about making my husband’s favorite Double Dipped Fried Chicken? It is definitely FANTASTIC and will certainly become your family’s favorite too!
Here is the recipe from an old family cookbook:
Double Dipped Fried Chicken:
- 8-10 chicken pieces
- 2 cups flour
- 4tsp garlic salt
- 2tsp paprika or Cajun seasoning
- 1tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp season salt
- shortening or oil for frying
Pre-heat oven to 325*. Wash chicken pieces and lay on a paper towel to drain. In a brown bag or heavy duty plastic bag combine flour, garlic salt, paprika, and pepper. In a shallow dish combine milk, eggs, and season salt. Dip chicken pieces in flour mixture, then egg mixture, then again in flour mixture. Coat all chicken pieces. In a skillet or wok or deep frier, heat oil to 375*. Cook chicken in oil until light, golden brown, about 5-8 min. Put chicken in a baking pan. They can overlap if necessary. Bake uncovered for 1 hr or until thickest pieces are done. Makes 4-6 servings
There it is. I hope you will join in the fun. Here is how it works:
- Just comment below if you want to join in. I will add your blog link to the BAL on Saturday’s post
- Make the recipe sometime this week.
- On Saturday, post your pictures and results of the recipe. Success or accidents in the kitchen, it doesn’t matter. It’s all fun and real:)
- Link your post here with the Fantastic Bake-Along
- Be sure to visit the other bloggers posts
- It is also super a-ok if you don’t want to blog post but just want to join us as we bake/cook. You can comment with your results.
- Only one rule–Be polite and nice!!
I’m excited to Bake Along with you this week. It’s going to be SWEET!!