Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and I have been sewing hearts and more hearts for the past few weeks. I feel so loved!
I am honored to be a contributor in Carol’s @Just Let Me QuiltPut a Little Love in Your Quilt Blog Hop.
For this blog hop I was asked to make a quilt featuring hearts. For those of you who follow me, you may remember my Crazy Heart quilt post last week where I showed you how to make a Crazy Quilt Heart.
I am excited to show you the finished quilt and how to make it:). Here it is–
It is absolutely LOVE-ly!! I connected all of my Crazy Quilt Hearts with a fun little nine patch that is very easy to make.
- Sew the 2.5″ strips of a jelly roll into groups of three.
- One set with the red in the center and the other two sets with the white in the center – I made 15 sets – 5 red centered and 10 white centered
- Cut these sets into 2.5″ strips
- Sew them back together with the two red squared strips on each side of the two white squared strip making a cute little 6.5″ nine patch block
I just love the look of blocks all stacked together nice and neat, don’t you?
- The next step is to just lay them out alternating the nine patch blocks with your Crazy Quilt Heart blocks and sew them together in rows.
- then add a pretty 2.5″ border
I quilted my quilt with a romantic feather stitch. I think it looks SWEET!
One thing I like to do to my finished quilts is to press them. I like how this helps to make them lie flat after the quilting process.
I like the look of it too!
I told my readers that I like to have quilts on my porch to welcome visitors when they come by. I had a reader ask to see how they look. So……
Here is my quilt on my porch staged and ready to snuggle up under with a book,
It looks so inviting, but really, I very rarely ever have time to sit on my porch and read. That would be SWEET though!
Most of the time it is on display on the outside wall of the porch like this —
I promise I will show you the actual way I display them on another day. This post is already getting way too long, and I want to head over and check out the other bloggers and see what they made to celebrate the Heart this month!
If you have a minute or two, why don’t you join me?