Hello! How was your Christmas? It has been such a fun and busy Christmas at my house. I have had a houseful of family and friends. Nothing says Christmas more than lots of good food and family:)
But now that there is a moment to breathe and think, I am happy to reflect back on a year full of creating. It has been a wonderful year!
It was hard to choose my favorite posts from this past year, but after thinking about it for a while, I have decided that the best projects must be the ones that have enabled me to connect with and make new friends.
The Top Five:
1. Long Time Gone QALI enjoyed quilting along with Angie @Gnome Angel and many other online friends. We all stretched our sewing and color combining skills as we made this Long Time Gone Quilt by Jen Kingwell together. My FAVORITE part was quilting along with my friend, Cindy. It was fun to compare our finished quilts:)
2. The Splendid SamplerAfter a full year and a half of two blocks a week, I finally finished my Splendid Sampler! I was introduced to so many talented designers and made 20,000 plus Splendette friends:). I loved watching and being inspired by their beautiful blocks and quilts. There was a hole in my sewing table when these blocks were sewn together as well as a small hole in my heart as I left the group behind.
3. Fantastic Bake AlongThis year, I started a monthly Fantastic Bake Along Group. We all Bake a recipe selected by someone in the group and then share our results later in the week. Talk about yummy fun!! We have made pizza, homemade bread, quiche, and more. I have truly LOVED baking along with such SWEET people❤️❤️ The group is open to anyone and everyone. We would love to have you join along:)
4. Stardust Melodies I enjoyed crocheting and singing along with Polly Plum on her Stardust Melodies Afghan. Each block worked up fairly easily in an evening. It was like finishing new blanket twice a week:). It was fun to read about how excited everyone was as we waited for the next block to come out.
5. I Wish You a Merry QAL And last, but not least, is my beautiful I Wish You a Merry QAL quilt. I think I have made the most new friends with this fun Christmas quilt. I have connected with the designers who are all fairly new to blogging. I must admit I wish I could have been part of their group. They did such a good job!
There you have it, my top five of 2017. Some of you who follow me may be asking, “Tracy, why haven’t you included Delilah, or Down the Rabbit Hole?” Well, while I have connected with many new friends with these beauties, they aren’t finished yet. They will have to wait for next year.
Speaking of next year, I am so excited to begin the MYSTERY QALnext week on January 1st! Cindy @In a Stitch Quilting and I are trying this new approach to a QAL and would LOVE to have you join us!
Thank you for dropping by today. I am excited to be linking up with Meadow Mist‘s Linky Party. I’m headed over to check out what all the other bloggers have done this year:)
I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!