I am FINALLY starting my Down the Rabbit Hole Quilt by Sarah Fielke. This is a monthly Quilt Along program that started back in January. At first I thought I didn’t need another Quilt Along and I really don’t. Also, I wasn’t overly enthused by this sketch of the quilt.
I mean, really it looks kind of plain in its sketched form. Sarah is quilting along with us so there isn’t even a picture of the finished Quilt yet. But as the months got going and beautiful pictures started coming up on my Instagram account, I knew I had to join along.
I ordered the program back in April, but life has happened and the Long Time Gone, Splendid Sampler, and Delilah quilts were already going. But now things are calming down, and I am heading Down the Rabbit Hole at last!
Isn’t it so cool? Now you see why I HAD to join along.
It is so SWEET!!
Next I started working on my 1/4″ bias tape. Yep, you heard me right, 1/4″! Luckily I have a 1/4″ bias tape maker.
- I brought the strip to the ironing board
- I stared feeding my strip into the bias tool with the right side facing down
- On the bottom of the tool is a slot to pull the fabric down
- With a pin I pulled the fabric out
Now that isn’t too hard is it?
- Pin the fabric to the board with the right side facing down. Do this at the far end of the board so you have lots of room to press.
- Place the tip of your iron right against the tool and start to slowly pull the tool against the fabric. Move the iron along with the tool.
- Yea! A beautiful 1/4″ piece of bias tape. Easy!!
And, what did I do with this teeny bias tape? Here is a sneak peak!
I can’t wait to share it with you! But it is going to have to wait until later though because tomorrow is Scrap Happy day:)!
Until then I hope your day is filled with SWEET creative adventures:)