My phone cord is splitting at the seams. It is on its last leg for sure. Ugh!! I know I’m not alone here. This is the inevitable fate of all plastic covered cords. I bet you have one or two of these beauties around your house as well.I have been seeing fancy phone cords advertised on Facebook and have been tempted to buy a bunch to give as gifts. Then I thought to myself, “W hy should I spend $20.00 on a cord when I can crochet one instead?!” Why not?
Here is how I did it:
- Cover the split cord with electrical tape
- Start wrapping yarn by laying about a 6″ tail on the cord and then wrap around it for about 1/2″
- Place your 2.5mm crochet hook under the cord, hook the yarn and single crochet around the cord.
- Repeat this all the length of the power cord. It is fun to see the different colors peek their heads out with the fun variegated sock yarn🙂
- When you come to the end of the cord, where the ridge is higher from the plug. Cut yarn with a 12″ tail and fasten off
- Finish this last 1/2″ or so by circling the tail around the cord and placing the end under the loop and pulling tight. -this is like the crossover of tying your shoe lace.
- Repeat the crossover knots until the end of the plug.
- On the last loop, go under three times, pull tight, and cut thread.
I hope I have inspired you to hook some SWEET power cords for yourself and maybe even a few for your loved ones.
Thank you for dropping by and reading my blog. Please feel free to comment if you have any questions.