I have been looking at and drooling over Jen Kingwell’s designs and patterns for a while now. Her wild colors and adventurous techniques just tickle my fancy.
So when she announced that she came out with a new pattern called Delilah and that it would be a template block of the month, I signed up! One block a month, I can sew do that:)
Well, I signed up back in February and am expecting my first installment any day now, but now there is another QAL going on over at Angel Gnome for Jen’s Long Time Gone Quilt.
This QAL is one block a week which is a little harder, but I already have the pattern and I am so excited to get started on my Delilah quilt……OK! I’ll join in!! How about you? Shall we do it together?:)
I looked through my fabric and was happy to find this Cotton and Steele fabric that I had bought a while back and folded up. Remember? It is perfect! I have enough scraps lying around that I can add to the mix that this should be plenty. Yea!
I am a week behind so I made two blocks this week. Here they are:
Bow Ties– made 2
- I gathered my lights and darks and cut them into the specified size squares.
- Then came the fun stitch and flip. Easy easy!
- Place a small dark square in the corner of a light square and sew from corner to corner. Tiger tape is so helpful here, no marking the line needed!
- Cut the chain apart, flip the small square over and press. Woo hoo!
- Lay the bow ties out for easy, organized sewing. Be sure those seams kiss or nest together by pressing the seams toward the dark square.
- Sew them all together and done! I am excited:)
Square in a Square– made one
This block was a little harder because of all of the bulk. It is also a stitch and flip block, but there are a lot of seams here, so be sure to trim away the under side of the flip.
- Sew two small squares on opposites corners of a larger square and sew each square from corner to corner
- Trim the seams to 1/4″. Flip and press
- Sew two squares to the opposite corners in the same manner.
- Trim, flip, and press.
It’s looking good!
I look forward to making these two quilts. I ask myself if I am crazy because I just have a little way to go on my Splendid Sampler…..”press on!” I say!!!
I hope your Friday is SWEET. Really, if you are at all interested in making this quilt, I hope you will join me. I will post along with Angel Gnome, so it really should be a breeze:)