I am happy to be nominated for this fun get to know you award!
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
My nomination for this award comes from the very talented Margareta from At Margareta’s Haus. Margareta and I share a love of crochet and cooking. She works, she she sews, and she is a yoga enthusiast. I love all of those things as well, so I was naturally drawn to her blog. I am so impressed with her passion for crochet. She crocheted so much this spring that her wrists became over loaded! She and I have made several crochet projects together. We crocheted the Mandala Madness huge afghan, the Peacock Purse, and the Sunday Shawl with plans for a future CAL at the end of the summer, after she has taken a break to rest her wrists. She is an inspiration to me. I hope you will head over to her blog and check it out. I know you will love it as much as I do:) Thank you for the nomination!
As a nominee I am to list 10 facts about myself:
- I am married to my best friend of 32 years. He is a joy to dance through life with
- I have four beautiful red headed children. They have all married but one and have left the nest. My baby is off to school. I miss them.
- I have 2 grandsons with one more due any day now. They definitely make up for empty nesting!
- I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or Mormon. My Faith is my life. I feel the love of my Savior Jesus Christ around me every day in everything I see and do.
- I am a stay at home mom, now wife. But that doesn’t mean I stay at home. I love to travel, especially on road trips. We take a lot of them. I get a lot of my crocheting done in the car.
- I live in a small town in Arizona in a Pecan Grove. It is beautiful and quiet.
- I have been sewing and crocheting since I was 12. My favorite memory is staying at my Aunt Rosie’s house for 2 weeks. She bought me a crochet needle and bright pink yarn, and taught me how to crochet. It has been a part of who I am since then. Thank you Aunt Rosie!
- I love to snorkel and to scuba dive.
- I have hiked the Grand Canyon, Spelunked in deep dark caves, climbed and repelled on cliffs and waterfalls, canoed on the Great Lakes, been to Hong Kong, Japan, Israel, Greece, Mexico, Guatemala, Hawaii, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
- I started blogging last year and wish that I would have started much sooner. I am having so much fun meeting such talented people like yourself!
In addition to providing you the 10 facts about myself – intended for you to get to know me better – Margareta has presented me with several questions of her own:
1. Out of all the countries you have visited, which one did you like the most? Mexico. I have so many family memories relaxing on the beach and scuba diving with my cute husband
2. Bike or Train? Train
3. Apple or Samsung? Apple for sure
4. Name the top 3 most beautiful beaches you have visited? I don’t remember names but the black sand beach on Maui, the white sand beach of Florida, and the pure blue water of Santorini Greece
5. Does blogging replace or enhance journaling? Enhances. I blog my creative side and journal my spiritual side
6. When do you find time to blog? I blog here and there. But mostly late at night or early in the morning.
7. Would you rather explore the deep ocean or outer space? The ocean
8. Do you speak any other languages besides your native tongue? No
9. Left or right handed? Right handed
10. If you could be any super hero, who would you be and why? Super heroes are too violent for me. A dear friend passed away a few years back that could make time for everyone. She was always visiting and caring for others as well as sewing and quilting. She and many other fine men and women inspire me and I hope to be like them
Now for the fun part…. I get to choose some nominees! Drumroll please….
I do hope these bloggers will accept the nomination and play along. I am now going to ask you a few questions of my own.
- How did you get started quilting or sewing or crocheting?
- If you could have one present, what would it be?
- What is your favorite sewing tool?
- What has been you favorite blog post?
- Who has been your inspiration?
- What is your favorite food?
- When do you blog?
- Did your mother sew?
- What makes a perfectly SWEET day at your house?
- What advice would you give to future sewer/bloggers?
I do hope all of the nominees decide to play along. You can find the official rules here. Have Fun!