It’s Christmas time again and that means it’s time for gift giving. I love making SWEET little gifts for my friends and neighbors. This year I decided to make potholders from 2.5″ strips of fabric. They turned out so cute and were super easy!
I used fabric from my stash, but a jelly roll would work great as well.
Makes 4 potholders
- 12 – 2.5″ width of fabric strips of fabric
- 12 – 2.5″ strips of cotton batting
- Coordinating fabric for binding cut into 2.5″ strips
- Take one strip and one batting strip to the sewing machine.
- Fold the edges in to meet each other
- Fold in half again
- Sew 1/4″ from edge to close the strip
You will get 12 beautiful strips like these.
- Place strips close together and Zig zag edges together
- Continue zig-zagging strips until they are all sewn together.
- Cut your long quilted strip into four 8.5″ squares
They look so pretty all nicely stacked and ready for binding:)
Now it is time to bind.
- Fold your 2.5″ binding fabric in half
- Sew around pot holders as you would a quilt. If you would like a binding tutorial, you can go here.
There you have it! They are all so neat and tidy and ready for gift giving. I like to give mine with cooking utensils or a loaf of fresh baked bread. Yum!
Thank you so much for stopping by today. Please leave me a message and let me know what you are giving as gifts this year.
Have a great day!!