Hello! I have a delicious recipe for Coleslaw. It is so good that I have been asked for the recipe three times in the last few days! So I thought I would just write the recipe here, and the next time someone asks me, I can send them to my blog😊
This really is a divine coleslaw recipe. I get asked for the recipe every time I make it. I invented it many years ago and really have never had any other Coleslaw that even comes close in goodness. I love it on sandwiches in place of lettuce, but I really like it with fried chicken as well.
Recipe by Tracy @It’s a T-Sweets Day!
- 1 head of shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced chopped celery
- 1c grated carrots
- 1 or 2 finely chopped green onions
- 1 orange, peeled sectioned and cut in large chunks
- 1c grapes, cut in quarters or halves
- 1 Apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/2c slivered almonds
Combine all of the salad ingredients with as many of the add-ins that you would like. I like to add all of them if I have them on hand.
- 1c real mayonnaise, not light mayonnaise
- 1/4c fruit juice – orange or apple
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1tsp each Salt and pepper
Combine all of the dressing ingredients. Add more mayo or juice until your desired thickness and flavor is achieved. Add salt and pepper.
Add dressing to Coleslaw and mix together. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
There you go. Yum yum yum! The next time you are in the mood for a crunchy, creamy, SWEET Coleslaw, I hope you will give this recipe a try. Your friends and family will all be thanking you, and asking for the recipe!