Giving a Fat Quarter or two to your favorite quilter for a special occasion like their birthday, Christmas, or just because is always a good gift. Making triangle packages is a fun way to fold them so they look a little more dressed for the party!
It is very easy to do. Here is how:
- Start by ironing your fat quarter nice and smooth.
- Lay it length wise on a flat surface with the wrong side up.
- Fold the fabric in half LENGTH WISE. This is very important! Fat quarters are 18″x22″. Your fat quarter will now be 9″x22″ folded.
- Fold the length again to 4.5″x22″
- Now it is time to fold the bottom edge up on itself to make a triangle
- Try to make the corner points as crisp and pointy as possible
- Keep folding back and forth making angled folds until you reach the top of the fabric
- The top is 7 folds up and has only a few inches of fabric left to fold
- Time to fold the free fabric on an angle– do you see the angled side of the folded fabric? That is the side where you will fold your free fabric over. This will make another point.
- Fold the free fabric edge back into the folds of your already folded fabric .
- Push the fabric in nice and tight.
How easy was that?! Who knew folding could be so much fun?! In just a few minutes, you can fold quite a few fat quarters into SWEET little packages for a friend. –Mother’s Day is right around the corner!❤️❤️
Until next time, I hope you have a creative, wonderful day!
Thought for the day—