I just love my pretty bead water tracker! It is so simple to move the beads up and down the leather cord to help keep me motivated with my water intake. This can rest on the neck of a bottle, or it can clip it to a belt loop or purse strap.
HebbieDobby on YouTube shared this great free design. If you would like to watch the video, you can check it out over there:)
The video doesn’t give all of the amounts needed or the shortcuts that I discovered so here is the “recipe”:
- 47″ of Leather cording
- 5-8 large hole glass beads
- Fabric turner
- Metal ring binder
- Fold cord in half and then in half again. This makes 4 strands with one of them still connected at the fold.
- Attach the cord to the ring with a knot.
- Slip the two separate cords through the bead about 2-3″. Leave it there.
- Place the hook through going the opposite direction and pull the connected part of the cord through the hole
- There should be two cords going in opposite directions through the bead
- Pull the cord in opposite directions to position the bead at the top near the knot.
- Repeat steps 3 – 5 with all of the beads.
- Tie a knot at the bottom of the beads leaving about a beads length of cord free between the knot and the beads
- Trim the ends and you are all done! Just move one bead down and drink your water. Then move the next one down and so on.
I hope this helps you with your water tracking goals!