I am very Scrap happy today in fact, I feel Tealed With a Kiss or TWX! It”s always fun to link up with Kate and Gun on their monthly Scrap Happy challenge. This month I am also happy to join Kate in a service project quilt for ovarian cancer. I am donating this 12.5″ block in teals and creams with an “x” or a kiss in it. Cute!!
The block is a Memory Lane block and this is how you can make one yourself:
- Gather your scraps
- Cut 4- 3″ medium teal and 4- 3″ cream squares
- Draw a line diagonally on the back of of the teal squares
- Sew 1/4″ on either side of the line
- Cut down the center making two 1/2 square triangles
- Trim these to 2.5″.
- Cut 4- 4.5″ cream squares
- Cut 1- 4.5″ dark teal square
- Cut 8- 2.5″ medium teal squares
- Cut 8- 2.5″ light teal squares
- Stitch and flip one medium teal square to the corner of one 4.5″ cream square and the add another stitch and flip square to the next side as shown in the above pictures
- Sew the 1/2 square triangles to the light teal 2.5″ squares
- Sew the pairs together making sure the seams “kiss” together as you go.
- Arrange your small blocks together and sew them block by block, row by row.
Done! Now you have a beautiful Memory Lane block. If you put a bunch of them together, you will get a lovely trellis type quilt.Pretty, pretty! I just love the many variations one block can make in a quilt. Don’t you?