Calling all home bakers/chefs. Let’s get together and have a BALL or BAL or a Bake-along! Doesn’t that sound fun?!!
Last week Tami @ Tanglewood Knots and I literally made the same recipe on the same night without any planning! It was so funny:). We both made a version of the Ultimate Kentucky Derby Pie.
Yum yum yum! We both had a piece for breakfast too! Lol:). We had such a laugh over it that we thought it would be a “Ball” to have a Bake-along BAL and see a bunch of us make the same recipe.
Sooooo… without really knowing how this is going to play out, how about if I send out this call to any of you who would like to join in. I hope that I am not baking alone, but if I am, it will still be a good time:)
Here is how it will work with tweaking most likely to happen in future months–
- On the 2nd Monday of each month I will introduce the recipe–some will be baking, some will be cooking. It will just be a good recipe, maybe you will have one you want us to try!
- On the 2nd Saturday, post your pictures and results of the recipe.
- Link your post here with the Fantastic Bake-Along
- Be sure to visit the other bloggers posts
- Just comment below if you want to join in. I will add your blog link to the BAL on the weekend post
- It is also super a-ok if you don’t want to blog post but just want to join us as we bake/cook. You can comment with your results.
- Only one rule–Be polite and nice!!
That’s it! Sounds easy enough right? Ideas for the future of this BAL may include monthly hosts, quarterly themes, and a bake/cook your own version of a recipe. Ideas, ideas:)!
Ok– now that the ground work is done, it is time for the first recipe. Drumroll please……
Tami’s To Die for Blueberry Muffins! —from allrecipes.com
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
Don’t those sound yummy? Head over to Tami’s blog here and get the tips and other fun ideas for this recipe.
I’m off to the store to buy my fresh bluberries! Don’t forget to comment if you want to join in the fun!
- A cup is a round container or lid that is 3.5″ x 2″